Thursday, July 06, 2006

A Perfect Day

Congratulations Tim and Megan!

In early June, I was pleased to attend the wedding of a good friend of mine, Tim, who married the very cool Megan in a ceremony only the two of them could pull off. It was one of those weddings that perfectly reflected the couple - in this case: laidback but not lazy, fun-loving but not goofy, quirky in a funloving, rather than a trying-too-hard, kind of way.

A scarlet bride, a surprise ceremony performance, a local kareoke star, the "bat story", and a dancing priest - I have since been challenged to host a funner wedding and I am not sure I'll be up to the task. Everyone there was lovely and so friendly, and that dance floor was packed all night!

[One tale from the Dance Floor you'll want to hear: One of the bridesmaids was all over dominating the dance floor, something I encouraged on what was a special dayfor her. However, Scott had begun to worry about his old friend Aleksandra keeping her reputation as resident Dancing Queen and felt the need to tell her as
much. In quick response, the DJ gods put on Footloose and Vogue in succession. You don't mess with Aleks and the 80s; needless to say, my reputation is still golden.]

But the star of the night's dance floor had to be Megan's Uncle Ross. Apparently he is a normally shy artist most days, but that night he was on fire. My favourite was when he danced the crab to "Thriller"...this man is extremely spry for his years.

Anyway, all the best, Tim and Megan. I only hope I will one day enjoy a wedding as happy as this one was.

And let's hope my future husband has an Uncle Ross...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home