Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Wipe the hair from your eyes and that look off your face

My overgrown bangs have given me no end of grief today, exacerbating that stressed-out itch I haven't been able to properly scratch for the last week or so. Because it's no one thing in particular, just a bunch of little straws gathering weight on this little back of mine.

And what am I afraid is going to be the final one that sends me over the edge? Frickin' Radiohead, that's what. Today Pitchfork printed a 500-word whack of non-news on the upcoming North American tour - and the following feeling of total frustration overwhelmed me:
(begin rant)
Seriously. June is now less than 2 months away and I have too much to do that month as it is. Madonna ended up a bust due to scheduling, and if things don't come together soon, the same will happen for this. Oh, and note for future: don't make a vague-o announcement with zero details just so Pitchfork can publish any new rumour, thereby raising the hype even further and giving people more and more time to join w.a.s.t.e. and scheme their way into buying presale tickets. Buying tickets is going to be a godawful nightmare! Road trip posses need to be organized! Flights need to be financed! Accommodations need to be booked! Days need to be taken off work!
(and so on and so on)

That is seriously what was going through my mind. And it is what has irritated me most of all.
Am I becoming the very Radiohead snob I previously shunned?

Sure, I've followed them before and absolutely loved it, but am I a more Radiohead-worthy fan than the kid that signed up for w.a.s.t.e. today in hopes of getting a presale ticket to the Chicago show? No.
Should be some sort of cap on who can embark on these crazy pilgrimmages?
No.
Does my bitchy attitude mean that if Radiohead can't plan more than 3 months in advance, they shouldn't even bother to head over?
Hells no.
Can I blame ticket touts for wanting to make money off of pathetic obssessives?
Sadly, no.
And if all this is too much for me, I do I really need to do it?

Yes, I feel I do. And that I feel some sort of silly internal pressure about this is bugging the hell out of me.


Almost as much as these bangs...

6 Comments:

At 12:48 PM , Blogger minx said...

I hear you, sister.

 
At 3:43 PM , Blogger Aleksandra said...

I knew you'd understand!

As I was writing Sean this morning, it's not fun when it's just "not fun" anymore, you know?

 
At 12:32 AM , Blogger Quinn said...

which shows were you eyeing?

cause theyre all so far away

:(

 
At 5:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

couldn't agree more. i'm in the city for scarce few days in june, and i have the feeling seeing radiodhead will take some serious sacrifice.

but it's hard to go the extra the mile when you don't know what direction to go in...

 
At 8:39 AM , Blogger Aleksandra said...

Quinn,

Well, if anything is announced somewhat close I'd go there.

But I'm also considering the Berkeley or New York shows and doubling them as vacations (never been to either SF or NY) That's why planning time is so necessary...

 
At 12:45 PM , Blogger minx said...

I'm thinking about going to the show in Budapest in August...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home