Saturday, April 15, 2006

Reunion

That time of year again has come around again - Arts County Fair descended upon our fair campus for the 15th time this year.
Naf and Graham and I went for brunch before heading to the Stadium and got to experience the ACF bus madness we have only always heard about. The best was this guy. Waiting at the Alma B-Line stop, he had on a (pristine!) ACF 10 stakesign bag worn as a cape and a utility belt with a whole range of ACF mugs on it (unfortunately, I didn't manage to get that in the photo). He's been to every ACF since the very beginning - and has never been a UBC student! This guy made our day.


The itself went pretty smoothly, as far as I could tell - here's JC looking all cool and collected with Naf.




And though the crowd seemed to disappear around 6pm, here's what it looked like around 4pm...



Backstage, the day went as it always does - far too quickly and in a frantic hazy manner. (Or maybe that's just me.) Grab a beer, say hello, hello, hello, go up to the roof, wander around the field, see the end of an act, back for another beer, more hellos, "where are we going afterwards?", line up for a burger, back up to the roof, and that's it. I went home feeling like I barely saw anyone.




That said, it was fantastic to see everyone. Arts County Fair holds special meaning to most UBC students (and apparently some non-UBC students as well...) To me, it means the chance to see my second family if only for the briefest of hours. I am so happy to see all of you doing so well. Till next year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home