Friday, March 03, 2006

I don't know, recently I've found writing about my life to be a bit...wankerish, for lack of a better word. Not only because I feel I have nothing profound to say or that my daily life is so - well - everyday but because being a very visual person, a lot of what I have to share with you all are the things I see.

Remember my second post ever when I promised lots of photos and not too much gut-spilling prose? I loved blogging when I was in London because it let me not only share stories with you but also what I saw around me every day. And that isn't a London thing - my god, the visual moments here in Vancouver are equally brilliant. No, it's a camera thing. Boy, do I miss my camera so...

So. It is settled. A camera I must re-acquire. The fate of this blog rests upon it. Until then, I direct you to some of the fantastic photoblogs I visit frequently. Those who can't do, teach. Those who can't shoot, link.

Phosphorescents

A beautiful 20-something takes beautiful photos of her beautiful life with her beautiful friends in Oregon (which, yes, is also beautiful). The cross-processed slide film ones she does (like this one to the left) are just breathtaking.






The Treehouse and the Cave

A New York artist invites other camera-happy people to share thematic photo series: signs, eyes, home life, balloons, sunsets, etc. The result is a wonderful visual collage of life in and around the Big Apple.







London Photos

A whole whack of photobloggers from my favourite city in the world contribute to this one. My favourite contributor is Rob Gardiner's Walking the Circle Line - fantastic b/w photos capturing a "journey around and above the surface of the 14 mile loop that is London Underground’s Circle Line."
And even though they are rarely updated, the Polaroid Manipulations are tops of the pops (like the one of Greenwich's Cutty Sark, left).


Montmartre

A kindergarten teacher frequently pauses to capture the beauty of the everyday moment, often in glorious close-up. Yes, this is Amanda Gilligan (aka Sean's Amanda)'s photoblog. I love her lovely photos, and cannot wait until she finally gets to Montmatre to capture one of my favourite places better than I ever could.


Listening to: Magnetic Fields - All My Little Words

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home