Friday, November 11, 2005

I should have posted this a month ago #2.....

I think the Astoria may be my favourite venue yet - dingy, dark, and anything-goes, it's large, but it doesn't look it. Lots of nooks and crannies and doorways to get between the main floors. There's a huge stepped balcony level, with plenty of proper large tables from which to enjoy a show with a drink or few. And if you make friends with some kid in the front as you chat about Lady Sovereign's opening act and you "casually" drop you were in her video, he'll save a spot for you at the rail so you can go get another Strongbow. Sweet!

As for the show, it inspired a few ideas - members of Misguided Love Loaf, what do you think?



We need a cool lighting logo.







Heck, let's have two.









And a cool guitar chick.








The frontwoman needs a cool name, like Ninja here.









The bassist needs an uneccessary head band.









Cool Japanese fans always add a touch of glamour...







And I know this may be controversial, especially with Miss Moffatt, but I do think pom poms and pseudo-cheerleaders in tracksuits made this show.







Last but not least, lots of hand-clapping solos. And backlight them.

3 Comments:

At 11:39 PM , Blogger Mike said...

backlight always brings out the best in a band, esp when they're in the middle of playing.

And don't forget banks of audience blinders, for that added touch of class! :)

 
At 11:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I were in Misguided Love Loaf, I would totally wear a (pink) leotard and headband and be a cool guitar chick. But alas, I am not. so sad

Love your posts...when you coming back to Van?

 
At 4:38 PM , Blogger Aleksandra said...

Backlight, I feel, brings out the best in everyone...

and James, sweets, if I ever start my own band, you are first in it - bring your headband! (I say this freely because you know I'll never get my act together enough to start my own band...)

Oh, and I am home Dec. 12th.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home