Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A Canadian transit queen in London

(another of Amanda's pictures)
So I have this thing for the buses over here. Not because they are double-decker, or cheaper, or because I am now so tired of the bloody Northern Line's constant delays and branch limitations, but because I think that if you can navigate through London by bus, you've got London down. Yes, the bus can be slower and not good for long journeys with switching, but quite honestly, the Underground is for sissies with no sense of adventure or imagination. In my humble opinion...
Oh, and I cannot stress how much I love my Oyster Card here. Transportation planners, listen up - Oyster rocks!! It's basically a transit debit card, allowing you to pay for your tickets or passes in advance or online, allowing you to bypass the ticket machine or kiosks - plus, you can register your Oyster Card and freeze it if it ever gets stolen! Even cooler is my Oyster Pre-Pay (for more sporadic bus-users) that allows me to just put money on my card and use it up as I go along. Best part is, the Pre-Pay fares are lower than just paying cash and they cap the rates so you never pay more than the price of a daypass, so no more worrying about how whether or not to get a daypass - it's brilliant! Oh Oyster, how I love you so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home