Thursday, September 29, 2005

A weekend in (what felt like) another city...




So the fabulous Miss Amanda Smith came to London and we had a lovely weekend visit. Extra great because we visited her London: the shopping districts, cafes in Covent Garden, Harrod's (my new sanctuary!), hotel rooms with crazy layouts, and a few museums for good measure.



One of my highlights, actually, was going with Amanda to the Frida Kahlo exhibit at the Tate Modern. See, I have only witnessed two types of visitors at the Tate Modern: the ones that love (or pretend to love) absolutely everything about the modern art collections, or the ones that mock every piece of art in the musuem in a stubborn refusal to try and understand any of it. But Amanda is the rare third type of viewer: critical of the exhibition but because she knows a hella lot about art and tons about Frida Kahlo in particular.

So after a weekend of shopping and walking (we covered a good part of Central London in 3 days, Amanda mapped it out - it was pretty impressive!) I thought it would be a good idea to document our final list of purchases. Amanda thought it was pretty strange request, but obliged. Here are her purchases:


Yes, that's 3 bags, 4 pairs of shoes, a party top, some chocolate from Harrods, some lingerie, and some bath stuff. Below is what I bought:


Sunglasses (because I had left mine at home), a necklace, a bag, and some craft stuff. We live in different worlds, Amanda and I... However, that may all change since finding the mother of all cheap high street stores - New Look. I have a feeling a fair number of pounds may leave my hands at New Look...

I had to leave Amanda early on Sunday as I had a date with Belle & Sebastian!!! Fortunately, the girl has Hagen Daaz's 'only-in-London' Banoffee Ice Cream to keep her company...

Amanda, I love this photo of you!

(by the way, all the photos here are Amanda's - see Amanda? I told you I'd give you credit!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home