Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Quick Reflection I



(No, this post has nothing to do with the photo above, it’s just a cute photo I want to share.)

Spoke with Geoffrey today – he and Haley are moving this week, so we likely won’t see each other until the end of next week. And somewhere along the way in my crazy packing haze, I misplaced the piece of paper with Jocelyn’s phone number here in London. I had a feeling this would happen and asked her to email me her number. Well, she hasn’t emailed me back yet, and we have tickets to see Keren Ann on Thursday. I hope by some miracle she calls - more than just having to sell the ticket, I am really tired of doing things alone.

After the chaotically social summer I just had, I figured I’d be really up for some quality alone time here in London, that spending time alone would give me the space to sort things out and do a little of that "growing up" I've been meaning to do. That though I love having wonderful people in my life, I'm good on my own.

Well, throw that theory out the window - I am already officially (and hideously) lonely. And it’s only Day 3. It's pathetic, really.

I can't wait for work to start, if only because then I'll have people to talk to. I’ve chatted with all the girls in Pax, but realize that I am the most outgoing (and sadly, vain) person living here, my age does make a bit of a difference and that the typical pop culture repartee ain't happening with this bunch. (Seriously, they are sweet girls, but one girl’s favourite CD is Linkin Park, another’s is a Rogers and Hammerstein musical, and the others don't really listen to music – it’s like a High Fidelity 5th level of hell. How have you never heard of Interpol???)

Something's gotta give, and sooner rather than later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home