Monday, July 25, 2005

Everybody's Working for the Weekend

What more can I say? More photos of Harry and the Potters are here.

It is only Monday and I am already exhausted. This past weekend was a full one (2 excellent shows, 3 parties, 1 surprise visitor, and a Delta Date), and things don't seem to be letting up. Not that I'm complaining about my social life, but seeing Gerald all relaxed and lounging about on Sunday made me, well, envious. I just wish there were more hours in the day. I've been trying this not-getting-a-lot-of-sleep thing and it's getting old fast. (or perhaps I am...)

In other news: I realize I have never actually mentioned anything here about my job yet. It's great, I like my co-workers more and more each day, I have my own office, and I find the project quite interesting (maybe I'm meant for municipal planning after all). I present to Council in about a month and am unsure how 'done' I'll be by then, but otherwise...

But something surreal happened today. The woman who works down the hall from me, my favourite right from when I started, died this morning before coming to work. She wasn't even 50. And she just died all of a sudden. And nobody in our office knew what to do - because what do you do when that happens? Sure, some people chatted about 'the meaning of things' (my favourite was when my boss said, "it just makes you realize all that we do here doesn't matter at all"), but otherwise, things just went on as usual. Things will sink in soon though, I think, and it's going to be harder. Vicki was a super nice lady.





1 Comments:

At 1:24 AM , Blogger Gerald said...

it's funny that you saw me on the one weekend I was able to relax; like I mentioned to you; I've had to work every other weekend since June.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home