Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Halloween

So granted, Halloween isn't exactly a worldwide tradition. But if there was any country that wouldn't understand Halloween, it would have to be South Africa.

"So parents send their children out at night...."

??????
"dressed in scary outfits and masks..."
???????
"and they wander the streets banging on people's doors..."
??????????????
"and people gladly open their doors and reward this behaviour with candy"
????????????????????????

Sadly, this city just isn't there yet. I'm not even sure how trick or treating would work here - people standing out by their security gates?

Anyway, when TOC and I were all jazzed about celebrating Halloween, people were curious. The party crowd at Montezuma on Saturday was an odd but enthusiastic one.



And even though I knew no children would come, I still proudly put my jack o'lantern out on Sunday to celebrate one of my favourite holidays.


One day, Durban, one day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home