Saturday, September 04, 2010

Bizarro Durban Fail #2

So our office is on the harbourfront in the heart of the CBD. Sounds picturesque, but in reality it's in The Ghetto. So trying to find simple groceries and other sundries on my lunch break yesterday was not a success. Lamenting this to D, she reassured me that there were some good places nearby....the next day at lunch, she would take me to the spa that was only a couple of doors away.

I thought, "Nice! These South Africans know how to live! Though it still doesn't help me with my tea and biscuits situation..."

The next day (aka SPA DAY), I tell P about our lunchtime plans; I'm excited, even though I am not sure what can really be done on a 45-minute lunch break.

SPAR (miniscule "r") is Afrikaans for 'save'. D took me to a major grocery store chain today.

EPIC ACCENT FAIL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home